Friday, July 4, 2008

Coldplay - Violet Hill video

Coldplay is by far one of my favorite bands. I was anxious for their latest album and it did not disappoint. When I started my research I was all over Coldplay’s website and had to include this video of their song "Violet Hill." The website isn’t set up this way anymore, but before their album came out they had all of these “areas” of the site that you could unlock (kind of like my Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii - yup exposure of my dork-dom) and this video was one of them. I had to embed a Coldplay widget on my Facebook page, but it was worth it. I think this is a great concept video combined with a bit of performance. Either way, I think it is a great song and a cool video.



They also have on their YouTube.com page a version of this video called "Dancing Politicians." Definitely worth a look as well. It gives you some insight into the meaning of this song. What is interesting is they don't have the "official" Violet Hill video (the one that is on their homepage) instead it is re-crafted conceptual video.

No comments: